Staying in Reading over the holidays? Fear not, you aren’t alone. Plenty of people will still be kicking around campus, and just because school is out of session doesn’t mean that there aren’t plenty of Christmas activities for you to take part in. We’ve rounded up six activities for you to enjoy in the next few weeks. Have we missed any? Let us know!
1) Live Jazz – On Sunday, December 17th, enjoy live jazz at The Village by Simon Price and friends. Get warm indoors while feeling festive and jamming out with friends. Starts at 6pm, and as an extra treat there’s often a quiz night there too!
2) Let’s Get Quizzical – Monday, December 18th sees the start of a new type of quiz landing in Reading, with some seriously cool prizes. Hit the Blagrave Arms before the 8pm start to be qualified for the win, and grab your mobile to join in the fun!
3) Carol Singing – There are lots of opportunities to sing-a-long this holiday season!
4) Christmas Dance Party – Starting 7:30pm on Thursday, December 21st, get your dance on and enjoy a raffle, food, and fun at the County School of Dancing! Not just for experienced dancers, this event promises to be fun for all, whatever age and experience you have.
5) Bottomless Brunch – The Botanist Reading is selling tickets for a bottomless brunch on Saturday, December 23rd. Live music, bottomless beverages, and delicious items on the brunch menu all day.
6) Christmas Eve Party – Slug & Lettuce is hosting a pre-holiday (December 24th) party all day long down at the Riverside. Get festive with 2-4-1 cocktails, good company, and a beautifully lit waterfront.
There are plenty of ways to stay occupied this holiday season, from quiz nights and live music to brunches, lunches and dance parties. So check out some of our suggestions, and keep your eyes peeled for more activities around Reading!